Sunday, December 14, 2014

Rabbit

As I pulled into my driveway tonight, a pair of glowing eyes caught my attention. Immediately, I cut the wheel of my 1988 Chevrolet S10, towards the eyes and turned my high beams on to get a better look. Much to my surprise, it was a rabbit.

To some, they would say, "it's just a rabbit."

To me, it's more than just a rabbit, it's the first rabbit that has been seen on my property in over a year. Ever since the coyotes have started coming around more, the rabbits haven't been out as much.

Seeing this rabbit, gave me a sense of hope. I would love to have the rabbits back on my land like they were several years ago. I wanna be able to look out the window in the evening, and see 7 or 8 at a time.

In my opinion rabbits are one of the most  beautiful, peaceful animals around. They aren't very destructive, although, occasionally they will get into a vegetable garden, but other than that they stay to themselves pretty much.

No comments:

Post a Comment